Thursday, February 21, 2008

I would like to introduce....



Carlee Jo Priest





I'd like to introduce the newest addition to our family. Carlee Jo Priest was born February 5, 2008 at 11:36 am. She was 5 lbs 9 ozs and 18 inches long. We had a little bit of a ruff start, but we are doing well now. I went into the hospital on Sunday night for induction only to end up laying there untill Tuesday when it was finally decided I needed a C-Section. (reckon???) I really didn't want to have the C-Section, however, by the time Tuesday rolled around I was ready. Once the decision was made it was only a matter of time before Shawn and I heard the sweetest sound the Lord has ever made.....her cry. It was later that evening when the nursery discovered that Carlee's blood sugar was low. A newborns level is suppost to be over 40 and hers was 25. They put her in the NICU and started a sugar water IV. It took a couple days, but her level finally came up and her IV was FINALLY took out. THEN...little miss lazy starts having some trouble breathing. She was breathing so shallow that her oxygen levels were dropping, however, she overcome that as well. And as I said before, she is doing much better now. She is growing like a little weed. As of yesterday she weighed 6 lbs 2 ozs and has grown and inch and 3/8ths!! Well, below I've included a couple other pictures and I'll do my best to get more of her up in a timely manner. (if that's possible ;) )



Carlee and her Daddy


Shawn Michael and his "Sissy"

(doesn't she look happy?!?!)

One of the 1st pictures of her








3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh YAY!! I am sooo glad you finally got this post up!! I think it was driving everyone crazy!!

She is just beautiful Amanda!! I am so proud for you! You have no idea.

Maybe I can get up the mountain tomorrow to bring you your surprise!! (ps~your mom has one too!)

Love you bunches!!
Missy

Cynthia said...

I have been checking and checking hoping you would post!

She is so cute. ANd tiny!! I just love the pick of her looking so "happy".

I am glad everything is going okay now.

Alison Cummins said...

She is beautiful!!!